Vacation Rentals In St. Louis' Best Neighborhoods
Our guests adore our Vacation Rentals. Don't take our word! Read the reviews on airbnb and VRBO--and then come back here for best pricing!
Our apartments are unique treasures in historic city neighborhoods.You'll find everything you need for a care-free stay. We offer easy self check-in and check-out. Iron, ironing board, hair dryer? Yes! Generous supply of soft towels? Yes! Fully stocked kitchen?
Best of all, enjoy an excellent night's sleep on the best mattresses still manufactured in St. Louis. (Our guests ask all the time where they're made.
Here's the scoop.)
Before your arrival, we stock your apartment with light breakfast foods, coffee, teas, and welcome treats. No minimum stay required, except on weekends. We provide housekeeping for guests in residence 10 days or longer.
Unregistered overnight guests are not permitted. Parties, receptions, or gatherings of any number of guests in addition to registered guests are not permitted without the written consent of an authorized representative of SF Shannon.
Smoking is not allowed in our apartments, guest accommodations or anywhere on the premises of any of our apartment buildings. This is an 10-year-old policy. Our business is more than 50 years old, and some of our year-round residents
have been with us that long! If they are smokers, we have not and will not ask them to move. They know, however, that they are allowed to smoke only in their apartments. They also know that if their smoking causes discomfort for their neighbors, they are not
allowed to smoke in their apartments. Violators of this policy will be kindly asked to move.
We accept Mastercard, VISA, and Discover.
Did You Leave Something Behind?
We're happy to send it back to you! Just let us know. We charge $10 for our time plus the actual cost of packaging and shipping.
Security & Dog Deposit Agreements
Your fully refundable security deposit holds your reservation.
We charge your rental fee the day you arrive.
Guests in residence less than 30 days are charged a $100 security deposit.
Guests in residence 30 days or longer are charged a $250 security deposit.
At the Center On Vandeventer, guests are charged a $100 deposit.
We happily refund security deposits in full when:
- The apartment or the Center on Vandeventer is left in move-in condition, except for normal cleaning and laundry
- All dishes are washed and put away
- Food is removed
- All remotes are left in accommodation
- Appliances do not require excessive cleaning
- All furnishings are in (or returned to) their original location
- Trash and recycling are removed from the apartment
- Keys are returned promptly
Due to credit card company rules, please note that it typically takes one week for your security deposit refund to be posted back to your card.
The following circumstances could incur additional charges:
- If any furnishings are moved to another location in the apartment
- If there are unusual stains that require special attention or cleaning
Evidence of Smoking is Subject to Forfeiture of Deposit!
We charge your security deposit to hold your reservation. You are charged your rental fee on the day of your arrival. Please give us at least 30 days' notice to receive a full refund of your security deposit.
Requests for cancellation within 30 days of arrival are subject to a $50 processing fee.
Guests who cancel within 48 hours of their arrival date forfeit their security deposit.
Regarding Our Beloved Dogs:
Dogs are welcome at these Vacation Rentals: Anna's Retreat, the
Herman's Hideaway, the Shaw Guest Suite, the
Beckmann, the Loft at Shenandoah and the
Ullrich Suite. Dogs are also welcome at these Unique Corporate Rentals: the
Eliot, the Targee and the
There is a one-time $25 pet surcharge for each dog in residence.
In bringing our dog(s) to this SF Shannon accommodation, we agree to the following conditions:
We understand that we are responsible for the proper care, maintenance, and behavior of our dog(s) in and around the apartment, the building, and any and all common areas.
We certify that all vaccinations and flea treatments are up-to-date for our dog(s), and are willing to provide documentation upon request.
We understand that proper care of our pets involves but is not limited to (as applicable):
- Dogs must not be left alone in the apartment unless they are crated (provided by owner)
- Dogs must be leashed anytime that they are outside of the apartment itself
- All feces must be cleaned up immediately
- No dog is allowed to defecate or urinate on any hardwood floor in the apartment or in any common area of the building
- No dog is allowed to damage any part of either the apartment or the common areas of the building. In particular, no dog is allowed to damage the hardwood floors in the apartment by scratching, urinating, defecating, and so forth
- No dog is allowed to disturb, on a regular basis, the peaceful & quiet enjoyment of the property by other residents
We understand that in the event of damages or extraordinary cleaning, reasonable charges will be deducted from our deposit.
In cases where pet-caused damages exceed the deposit being held by SF Shannon, we understand that we will be charged an additional amount to cover the total costs of repair.
For Guests In Our "Unique Corporate Rentals" Who Want Housekeeping
We are willing to come in and offer weekly housekeeping for an additional fee of
$50 per cleaning. If you'd like to schedule housekeeping, please
email or call us at 314-367-1106 to schedule a time and date for your cleaning.
For this fee we will:
- Change the bed linens and make the bed
- Replace bath & dish towels with clean towels
- Replenish toilet paper, Kleenex, and paper towels as needed
- Do a light cleaning over all areas of the apartment that we are able to access
Please Note: We do not wash dishes. We can't dust or vacuum if clothes and personal belongings are spread on the floor or the furniture. We do not remove trash or recycling.